In order to comply with European and British standards and to ensure that an Intruder Alarm system remains reliable, it is vital that it is maintained regularly. Listed below are a selection of the checks that are carried out by our engineers during a routine Alarm Maintenance:
- Check history of alarm system since last maintenance service.
- Visual inspection of all major alarm components including cabling & connections where accessible for signs of deterioration or damage.
- Check mains power supply including charging rates.
- Check battery power supply including charging rates.
- Check and Walk Test all detectors.
- Check satisfactory operation of manually operated devices e.g. panic buttons.
- Check and test all audible warning devices - sirens, speakers.
- Check and test remote signalling equipment (where appropriate).
- Make adjustments as necessary.
- Repair any minor faults (where possible).
- Retrain the users on the use of the alarm system (if required).
- Log all test results.
- Return the alarm system to operational status.
Intelligent Security and Fire are happy to undertake An Intruder Alarm maintenance contract for all intruder alarm systems regardless of who supplied or installed them. Check below to see if your control panel is listed: